Facebook is one of the social media giants, with 1.9 billion total users. It is one of the best avenues to promote social interaction and advertise one’s products and services.
There are surges of video content in Facebook that can influence one’s Facebook browsing experience to product buying. More advertisers are utilizing the power of video content trends to engage their potential viewers and consumers in patronizing their brands. This action is supported by a statistic that 93% of marketers landed a new customer because of their videos posted on social media.
Among all other companies that advertise products through Facebook, one can stand out from the rest by entering Facebook Video Ads. Facebook Ad Manager is a powerful tool to promote brands, products, and services through Facebook video Ads.
This guide will discuss the benefits of using Facebook video ads and Facebook Ad Manager and creating video ads through FB Ad Manager.
A Facebook video ad is a paid advertisement placement with videos on predetermined locations on a viewer’s Facebook screen. You can produce your own or hire a videographer to create video ads or use existing videos from your FB account.
Marketers can efficiently use compelling and converting Facebook video ads to:
More than 4 billion video views occur on Facebook every day. Given that massive amount of views, most companies are willing to pay for their videos to be converted into ads. From 2011 to 2020, Facebook’s average ad revenue per user shoots up from $5 to $32.03. A higher ad revenue across the years shows how impactful FB video ads are in marketing campaigns.
Let us identify the parts of a video ad and their roles in attracting and converting your valuable viewers:
There are various places where you can feature your Facebook ads in Facebook:
1. In-Feed Ads – These ads look the same as organic posts and show up as the viewer browses through the News Feed.
2. In-Stream Video Ads – These ads appear like mini commercials in the middle of another video ad. These ads only appear on mobile devices after 60 seconds of playing the main video content. The initial 15 seconds of the in-stream video ad will play. Afterward, the viewer can choose to watch the remaining part of the ad or return to the main video.
3. Facebook Marketplace Video Ads – These ads show up while the viewer is browsing and shopping on Facebook Marketplace.
4. Facebook Stories Ads – These ads are full-screen, vertical video ads that show up in the middle of organic Facebook stories. If the video exceeds 15 seconds, it is split up into different story cards that play consecutively. The viewer can opt to remain watching or return to the main story after the initial three cards.
5. Facebook Video Feed Ads – These ads appear in between natural videos on Facebook Video Feeds, which are accessible through News Feeds.
Aside from having specific parts and placement types, video ads should pass certain Facebook requirements for a better ad presentation:
After determining what a Facebook video ad is, let us identify what is Facebook Ad Manager. Facebook Ad Manager is part of the Facebook Business Manager. It is a marketing tool that allows ad campaign creation, data analytics, and performance tracking to get the best marketing results.
Follow these easy steps to create video ads using Facebook Ad Manager:
1. Go to https://business.facebook.com/, which will require you to log in to your Facebook account.
2. Once you log in to your FB account, it will direct you to Facebook Business Suite. On the left sidebar, click on Ads.
3. You will be guided to a page in which the link for Ad Manager is available. Select the link, and it will direct you to the Facebook Ad Manager page.
4. Click the +Create tab under Campaigns. It will lead you to Choose a Campaign Objective tab.
4. Select an objective that supports video format (Video Views) and then click Continue.
5. Select your target audience, placements, and optimization preference. Then click Continue. There are two placement types for FB ads, automatic placement and manual placement.
If your aim is for video views, you have two optimization options with customizable bid type:
6. Under the Format selection, you have two options, Carousel or Single Image or Video. Carousel allows the presentation of 10 videos or images in a single ad with its links. However, if your objective is Video Views, you can only use the Single Video option. You can use the carousel format by selecting a different ad perspective.
7. Upload the video in Facebook Ads Manager.
For Single Image or Video format
For Carousel format
8. Click Edit Video to customize the size of the video or edit its thumbnail image. You can include captions, text overlays, and logo overlays to your videos. However, options may be limited when adding video to a carousel.
9. Add a headline, copy, CTA, and hyperlink to your video ad. Always identify a URL or hyperlink to where you want to bring your viewers after clicking the ad.
10. Choose the conversion tracking parameters for your video ad. These parameters indicate success in conversions of the ad once reached.
11. Once done, click Confirm to publish the video ad.
The creation and uploading of simple video ads are not enough. Video ads must be catchy and compelling to convert consumers to a product purchase or promote website views. Here are the best tips on producing catching and compelling FB video ads:
Although it seems awkward to post a ‘moving’ video without playing its sound, statistics support it. About 85% of FB users prefer to watch videos with the audio off. People idle away time from their commutes, at home, inside the restaurant, and at work through browsing FB news feeds. Instead, they would view a video without sounds to conserve effort and time in wearing headphones and listening to video ads.
Knowing that behavior, marketers can add captions to videos to improve the viewing experience. Facebook reports that FB video ads with captions increased video viewing time by 12%.
There are many distractions present in Facebook, and you want to engage multi-tasking newsfeed browsers the fastest way possible. The best way to engage these multitasker browsers is to turn your videos on autoplay. To do this, you have to make a cost-per-impression (CPM) bid rather than a cost-per-click bid (CPC).
Most people have limited attention spans, and the chances of finishing a 2-hour video through Facebook are very slim. In posting business or marketing videos, video length is crucial.
An average of 30 seconds to 2 minutes of video length is enough to sustain viewer’s interest without causing disinterest. As the size of the video increases, viewer engagement decreases, as shown on the graph below:
Keep your video ads short, informative, and engaging to sustain the viewers’ interest.
An excellent way to advertise your videos is to post your best video content. These video contents are those with increased views, shares, and engagement rates on Facebook and other social media channels. Selecting the best videos ensures that you are getting enough views and advertising worth the money you are spending.
Based on statistics, 60% of businesses on Instagram utilize interactive features like poll stickers to engage their viewers to their brands. This number shows the impact of using video poll ads to engage viewers in conversation and gather feedback from target groups, aside from product advertising.
Focus on marketing your videos to a specific audience for efficient money spending and limiting resources to an intended group.
After gaining increased views from your Facebook video ads, do not forget to determine if the money spent yields a return. Also, you should be able to answer these questions:
You can also utilize Rocketium in creating compelling Facebook video ads by clicking this link. Rocketium provides excellent advertising solutions to boost viewer engagement and conversions to your advantage.
The increased use of social media helps FB users to love and patronize videos. Marketers are effectively utilizing video ads to boost product campaigns and promote viewer engagement and conversion. Do not forget to use Facebook Ad Manager and Rocketium for your brand and product’s best video ad campaign experience.