Adam Goyette, VP of G2Crowd on B2B SaaS Marketing and Importance of Videos in B2B Marketing Strategy
Adam Goyette, the vice president of marketing at G2Crowd, is a growth marketing B2B SaaS expert with 15+ years of experience. He has developed digital, social and content marketing strategies to drive customer engagement, lead generation and revenue growth.
In this interview, Adam talks about B2B SaaS marketing and shares a few non-conventional marketing strategies and explains how video is taking over the world of content marketing for B2B SaaS.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
[02:30] The current state of SaaS marketing
[04:04] Non-conventional strategies that worked really well
[08:00] Adam’s favorite non-conventional marketing strategy
[09:00] BONUS – Adam talks about a growth marketing handbook
[10:28] One more amazing non-conventional marketing hack
[11:20] Conventional marketing strategies
[13:09] How videos create an impact in conventional marketing
[16:17] Is video marketing replacing the traditional images and textual-based content?
[17:46] Where do videos fit into the Marketing Funnel – Top of the funnel or bottom of the funnel?
[18:48] How is G2Crowd using videos in different stages of the funnel?
[22:29] Future of video marketing
[24:30] Horizontal videos (16:9) vs vertical videos (9:16)
- Video marketing is all about delivering the right message, to the right person, at the right time.
- It’s important for your marketing team to stay up to date with the latest trends in the fast-changing industry.
- You should personalize and fine-tune any tool/software that you’re using to communicate with your customers.
- Understanding your buyers and their pain points is vital.
- Don’t sell your product, tell your customers how the product will solve their pain points, and the product will sell itself.
- If you solve for customer’s pain point and deliver your message in a way that hits home, it will make a huge impact.
- There are plenty of non-conventional marketing strategies that you can think of. If you do not have enough of those, then you’re definitely not end up testing and trying them out.
- Everyone is doing videos, but very few of them are doing it the right way. Start doing it correctly now.Here are some tips to make a great video.
- Video is the next big wave in marketing and it will definitely help personalize communication.
- Your content marketing strategy should focus more on videos than images and text-based content.
- Video marketing is all about what message you are delivering.
- Instead of redirecting their users to platforms like Wistia, businesses are putting up videos on their websites, blogs and landing pages.
- You don’t need design experience, pro video making skills, a dedicated video editing team or animation skills to start making videos as a part of your content marketing plan.
Create videos in minutes
Get in touch with Adam on LinkedIn.