As businesses clamber to navigate through the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the biggest challenge facing any department is figuring out a reasonable way to cut costs.
To optimize the operational costs – brands need to look at the bigger picture & adopt the growth strategy eying long term benefits.
At Rocketium, we’ve explored multiple challenges that businesses face on designing, scaling & managing creatives on a day to day basis. With creative automation, we continually aim to recognise opportunities & build a platform that can aid businesses with aggressive execution.
Our VP Business, Karan Rao, discussed insights on how to leverage automation to reduce the cost of producing videos, images banners & GIFS.
Here’s the recap of the presentation.
The business impact of COVID-19
Not to mention the crisis hit hard on every aspect of the business, however, the one’s that are hit hardest are –
- Revenue generation
- Leeway to spend on resources & technology
Impact on the creative ecosystem
While businesses are forced to go remote, it has opened up a window to hit the target by revisiting the approach to creative strategy. However, a few points to consider:
- The marketing, brand & design teams are expected to ensure they’re meeting efficiency & cost-reduction targets running campaigns.
- Limitations to try on new technology & onboarding new designers.
- Deliver on targets using existing resources.
- Align creative & business teams towards a common goal of faster turn around times with revenue experiments.
Case Study – How our existing customers have leveraged automation for creative cost reduction
Before we set out to propose a solution to our customer, we begin by understanding the customer’s needs & enable a customized workflow that addresses their creative gap.
Our customers have adopted automation to:
- Enable internal teams
- Empower external partners
- Automate using API’s
Enable Internal Teams:
Firstly, the majority of the task at hand for the in-house creative team is redundant & non-creative. They’re overburdened with the repetitive, minor changes color, CTA, or a subtext as per individual campaign needs.
Additionally, the team is also expected to adhere to brand compliance & other design guidelines resulting in longer turn around times.
But, the most significant challenge lies in effective collaboration & seamless communication between teams.
Here’s where Rocketium bridges gap. The platforms unique solution reduces the redundant work of the creative team. And also helps business by setting up an environment of self-service.
The product offered by Rocketium – A walkthrough
The campaign as a product comes with pre-built templates. And not limited to this. The brands can either choose to build their own templates & import from Photoshop or effects from After effects or take the assistance of the Rocketium’s experienced in-house design team.
The brand-compliant templates are built in any & all of the aspect ratio of the customer’s choice within a click. The form-based interface then makes it easier to modify content & create multiple variants.
What happens when your text runs long?
The intelligent templates are built to re-organize & auto-fit for captions, layout & adapts.
Furthermore, Rocketium also enables spreadsheet import to generate hundreds of creatives in any orientation within seconds.
How are brands using this technology
- The performance marketing team to create hyper-personalized video & image ads.
- Designers of e-commerce platform to create 1000’s of In-app banners each month.
- A Global conglomerate uses this technology to create recruitment videos & banners.
Empower external partners:
Certainly, delivering on brand-compliant creatives with precision at scale is of utmost priority for large enterprises. Applies for both in-house teams & partners advertising on platforms.
Meanwhile, the campaign product sits within the customer’s advertising interface. The difference here is the brand dictates the terms of functionality available to partners advertising on the platform.
How are brands using this technology:
- A US-based car listing platform enables over 500 car dealers to create brand-compliant car listing ads in minutes.
- A US-based PR distribution firm enables companies to create short PR video stories in minutes, using pre-built templates.
- Multiple agencies are enabling economical options to exist customers through self-service
- A food delivery platform based out of India enables restaurants to create offer ads for its mobile app.
Automate with API’s
Most importantly, enterprise customers with a rich database of information(structured data) programmatically generate thousands of creatives in seconds.
How are brands using this technology:
- A large property listing platform programmatically creates property summary videos for premium listings on its platform.
- A Japanese bank is using this technology to send personalized loan offers to its 100K customers.
- A Korean e-commerce marketplace automatically generates abandoned cart gifs to send personalized emails.
[Video Recap] How automation can help reduce your creative costs
Watch the webinar presentation & Q&A session.
Or check out the Slideshare below