Here is a collection of over 75 video marketing statistics for businesses, individual video makers, video influencers, and marketing agencies.
Video Consumption Statistics 2019
1. How many people in the US watch online video? 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices. 25-34 year olds watched the most online videos, with adult males spending 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females.
2. YouTube video statistics Youtube is the second largest search engine in the world. It receives more than 1.5 billion users every month and plays over 1 billion hours of video every day. 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds. 40% of millennials trust YouTube for content; and 60% say videos they’ve watched have changed their world view. 1 in 4 shoppers say they use YouTube to search for a video related to a product they are considering to purchase at a store. More than 50% of all YouTube video consumption is on mobile devices. The average mobile-viewing session on YouTube lasts more than 40 minutes. YouTube users share 400 hours of new video a minute. YouTube has more viewers among 18-49s than any US cable network. “How-to” searches on YouTube are growing 70% year over year. 87% of video marketers share videos on YouTube.
3. Facebook video statistics Over 500 million people are watching video on Facebook every day. 84% of video marketers share videos on Facebook. Facebook gets 8 billion video views daily. 35% of video marketers use Facebook Live (up from 34% in 2018) Facebook has over 5 million active video advertisers each month Facebook users spend 3x longer watching live video. Organic Facebook engagement is highest on posts with videos ( 13.9%). Consumers engage with branded videos the most on Facebook ( 49%). Sponsored video content views on Facebook has jumped 258% since 2016.
4. Instagram video statistics Instagram users create over 400 million video stories. One-third of the most viewed video stories are created by brands. 65% of ad impressions are video advertisements. Instagram videos have seen an 80% increase year over year. The number of videos created each day has quadrupled from 2018. 75% of Instagram users have taken an action after viewing a brand’s post, including clicking to a landing page or product checkout. 51% of video marketers have used Instagram video as a channel (up from 41%) 17% of video marketers have used IGTV (Instagram TV) as a channel.
5. Mobile video statistics Mobile phone viewers are poised to reach 175 million by 2019. 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices. Mobile shoppers are 3x as likely to view a video than desktop shoppers. 34% of internet users say they watch videos on mobile only, while 42% watch equally on both mobile and desktop devices. Video accounts for about 78% of the world’s mobile data traffic. On average, the engagement rate for rich media ads is 16.85%, in comparison to 2.14% for standard banners and 1.62% for mobile. 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. Video viewing on smartphones, computers and tablets peaks between 12-5PM in respondent’s respective time zones. Users spend 40 minutes a day, on average, watching YouTube on mobile devices. 90% of Twitter video views happen on mobile.
Ecommerce Video Marketing Statistics 2019 46% of users take an action (CTA) after viewing a video advertisement. 47% of online sellers and e-commerce platforms named video as a top marketing priority. 96% of online shoppers find videos helpful when making purchase decisions online. Online media influences more than 50% of in-store sales. 42% of shoppers would like to see more product demo videos. 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. Video usage in sales conversations has increased from 25% to 37%.
Video Statistics for Marketers 70% of marketers create videos with the help of online video maker platforms, 20% use their own design team, and the 10% hire marketing agencies who specialise in video. 81% businesses saw an increase in sales and 53% said support calls were reduced after they adopted videos. 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. Video advertisements increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139%. 93% of businesses use video for online marketing and agree that video will be their primary focus for 2019. 78% marketers have successfully generated more traffic thanks to video content. 80% increased conversion rate for landing pages with videos. 95% of the message is retained from a video, compared to 10% in text. 83% of marketers say video gives them a good ROI. 88% of video makers are satisfied with the ROI of Video Marketing efforts on social media. Video content in emails lead to an increase in click-through rate (CTR) of 200-300%. Brands using video in their content marketing mix show a 66% higher average website conversion rate. 86% of brands claim that videos have helped them boost brand awareness and online presence. A user spends 88% more time on a website with a video vs without. 74% of B2C marketers and 92% of B2B marketers use video in their marketing efforts. 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it. Video viewers are 1.7x more likely to purchase than non-viewers. Over one-third of large companies produce more than 100 marketing videos annually. Video posts on Twitter get 6x more retweets vs posts with text or photos. Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined. 93% of businesses reported gaining a new customer as a direct result of a video posted on social media. 30-second ads have a 30% higher view-through rate (VTR) than 15-second ads.
Video creation statistics 2019 60% video viewers stop watching after two minutes. Average retention rate for videos over 30 minutes is 10%. 95% of consumers believe a video should be less than 2 minutes long. The top three most effective branded video types this year were how-to videos, videos about sales and promos, and top 5 lists. Video viewers are 37% more likely to share explainer videos that are less than 15 seconds long.
What type of video content do consumers like to see?
Wyzowl conducted a
survey to figure out what kind of content is preferred by video consumers on the internet. This was the result: 39% for explainer videos, 20% for entertaining ‘viral’ style videos, 12% for product demo videos, 10% for video blogs, or vlogs, 9% for interactive videos, and 6% for Saas tutorials.
Great! You made it to the end. Next, you can check out
video marketing statistics you can’t ignore in 2021.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Recieve such insightful content on Design & Marketing every month!
Thank you for subscribing.