Everything you (or your boss!) need to know to start digging into the video gold mine now.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a video worth?
We have always been told that pictures are thousandfold more effective in conveying our message than text. If pictures work this well, how well does a video work?
A 1-minute video is equivalent to 1.8 million words if you go by Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research.
Whether you agree with that number or not, you have to admit that video (and its cousin The GIF) is everywhere. The presence, accessibility and usage of smartphones & other Internet-connected devices has pushed digital video consumption rates through the roof.
A few numbers that highlight video consumption
- By 2019, over 80% of global Internet consumption will be video content (CISCO).
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (MWP).
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter (Wordstream).
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week (Wordstream).
- The average user is exposed to an average of 32.2 videos in a month. (CMO).
These numbers point marketers and advertisers in one general direction — use videos for online marketing.
Videos is effective across industries and business categories
- 90% of online shoppers said retailer videos influence shopping and buying decisions. After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
- 46% of online shoppers also took some action after viewing a video ad. In fact:
26% looked for more information about the subject of the video
22% visited the website named in the ad
15% visited the company represented in the video ad
12% purchased the specific product featured in the ad
- Real estate listings that include a video receive 403% more inquiresthan those without.
- Non-profits have witnessed a 10:1 ROI by using videos to raise awareness for their cause.
- Engaging donors with videos have shown to increase generosity by 35%for non-profits.
Videos work well with other marketing channels
- Including a video in a marketing email increased the click-through rate by 96% (Survey conducted by GetResponse).
- 51% was the increase in subscriber-to-lead conversion rates when video was included in email marketing campaign (quoted by Eloqua).
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Videos drive a 157% increase in organic traffic from all search engines.
- Videos on dedicated landing pages have increased conversions by more than 80%.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
From education to entertainment, 87% of businesses are finding ways to spin gold from video. Not only do videos represent a great way to position yourself as a big player in your space, they also represent an opportunity to attract new leads for your business/service.
We at Rocketium believe that the right tools to create videos for advertising and marketing should be accessible to all businesses, irrespective of their size and industry. Which is why regardless of your experience with video creation (whether you are a novice or an amateur) Rocketium is the right solution to all your video needs!
Head on over to Rocketium, and create your first video now!