There are several ways in which Rocketium’s video API can be used to automate video creation, and one of them is building a web-based form to video solution.
What advantages does form to video automation have?
It is 2019, and automation is everywhere. Marketing and sales teams are constantly looking for solutions that help them automate repetitive tasks. By doing so, they have time to be more creative, run more experiments in quick and short bursts, and most importantly, they get to keep up with the new innovations in their industry. Here is how form to video automation will help your sales and marketing teams:
- UGC (User Generated Content) campaigns – Brands, especially, B2C brands can engage their users by hosting competitions and then creating a video instantly from their submissions. UGC video campaigns are a great way to increase brand awareness on social media, and it helps in word-of-mouth marketing as well. If you host these video submissions on your website, they also contribute to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
- Real-time video creation for real estate agents – Videos play an important role in the real estate industry, especially for online platforms. A video for every property listing improves local SEO and online presence, boost conversion on property pages, and increases the number of demos scheduled and property visits. Every time an agent or a property owner uploads a listing, you can create a video using the submitted images and property information in real time!
- Instant video creation for e-commerce platforms – With a form to video solution, every time an online seller creates a new item listing for sale, you can give them the option to auto-generate a product video for that item. By combining the existing images they upload and getting other information like the price, item name, and seller details, you can automatically create a video instantly. This video can then be used on social media to drive traffic to their listing on your e-commerce website.
- Effective onboarding for a Saas – Activation is an important stage of the funnel for an online platform or a tool – and more so for a Saas. During the signup stage, ask for their name, and personalize the first tutorial or the ‘how-to’ video. This can be easily done by importing the personalized field your user enters to a pre-existing video tutorial and showing it to them via push notifications or email.
- Personalized sales outreach – Cold emails are notoriously famous for getting low engagement. By adding a personalized video in your email, you increase the effectiveness of your cold outreach campaign exponentially. You can add fields like their name, their company details, or their website.
With these many applications for this solution, it is no doubt that every marketing and sales team should have the opportunity to have a form to video solution at their disposal. Here is how you can implement this for them in 4 simple steps:
How to use form responses to create a video automatically
Step 1: Generate your unique Rocketium API key
Before you begin, you are required to generate an authentication key that allows you to access Rocketium’s video API. If you haven’t created an account yet, you can sign up here.
Once logged in, you need to go to your Account Settings, and click on the API tab.
Step 2: Create a custom form using HTML
Speak to your marketing team, and get a list of fields you would like to include in the form. You need to collect the information here and pass it on to the Create Video API.
This information can be captured via text fields, drop-downs, or radio buttons. You can call the Create Video API once the ‘Submit Form’ button is clicked to automate video creation.
Step 3: Call the Create Video API
Rocketium’s Create Video API lets you programmatically create videos by combining images, video footage, text, and audio. Send the collected data from your custom form, and send it to this API. If your data is in the JSON format, the process becomes much faster and easier.
You can customize the following settings of your video using this API:
Video customisation options
- Number of scenes in a video
- Number of captions per scene
- The captions of every scene of the video
- The images and video footage in each scene
- Your brand’s logo, intro, and outro
- The background music of your video
- Custom template built for your brand by our design team
- Custom styles, animations, themes, and templates for your brand
- Voice-over for each scene
- The bitrate of your video
You can read more about the Create Video API here: https://rocketium.com/docs/api#api-create-video
Step 4: Fetch video URLs using the Get Video API
Once the video is generated, the next step is to fetch the URLs of these videos. These can then be put up in emails, stored in your internal database, or even uploaded to social media directly – it all depends on your use-case.
If needed, you can also get all the videos in an MP4 file format, and save them to cloud storages like Amazon’s S3, or drives like Google Drive and Dropbox.
By enabling your sales and marketing teams to make videos automatically in bulk, you are helping them achieve their goals much faster, and with much higher efficiency.
If you’ve got any questions about video automation, APIs or how Rocketium can add more value to your online platform, feel free to drop a comment below or reach out to us here.